Saturday, October 12, 2013

Moving Right Along

I found a job at the end of the summer in a Christian day care center. Currently I work in the infant's room and I love taking care of all those babies. It has been a big adjustment because I have not worked outside of my home since 2008 and the kids had to learn that Mom will no longer be here to take care of everything. My youngest son Caleb who is almost 13 has really picked up the slack. He helps to take care of my grandchildren and a wide variety of chores. I am very proud of him. Some days it seems like I am trying to do everything with very little help. So I work full time, take college classes online, take care of my grandson in the evenings, and must still attempt all the household stuff too. Needless to say it is the house that has suffered the most I am just too tired and don't have enough time to get it all done. I don't like feeling so tired and grumpy all the time and I don't like losing all the time that I used to spend with my family but you do what you have to do in this world to make it. I will do what I need to do for my kids and for my grandkids. One plus side of working is that I have met some really nice people. I have not had that social aspect in my life for a long time, even though it is primarily at work. I enjoy talking with my co-workers, two or three of them in particular. I am older than they are by quite a bit but they don't make me feel like some old woman, they accept me for who I am. I don't dread going to work each day, in fact most days I look forward to seeing the ladies there. We share stories about our lives and work together to take the best care possible of our work "babies". Each one had a unique personality and it feels great to know that in a small way I am part of their lives. So is my life perfect? No. But it is better than it used to be and that counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment