Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Changes

Wow so many things have happened this year. First my mama passed away in April. On the eleventh anniversary of my sister's death. To the day. Then my mother-in-law passed away in July. So hard to lose the people you thought would always be there no matter what. I feel like I have no family left except for my children and grandchildren. I've gotten some news recently concerning my own health, and for the very first time I am taking it seriously. I realize that if I don't take care of me, no one else will. First on the list, hypothyroid disease. I have been given a brand new prescription which I will begin taking tomorrow, my birthday. I have also been given new lab tests, which I will do later this week. I have no desire to get stuck on my birthday. Let's be honest. Is this going to cause me to make major changes in my life that will miraculously heal all my ailments. No, don't think so. However, CAN this cause me to think about those little every day decisions and perhaps choose something a bit more healthy? Maybe. There will be more test results to discuss, possibly more medicines to take. I'm not as young as I once was. Those days of boundless energy are long gone. I want to be around to watch my precious babies grow up, all of them. I want to see the important milestones in their lives...and I want to see those little moments that become beautiful memories. This is what I want my children to know...that I love them enough to try to be there, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment