Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November Rain

It's been a long, strange trip this year. First my mom fell and broke her hip, which really just set in motion the series of events that ended with her death in April from C-diff. My husband left me on Valentine's Day and came back three months later shortly after my mom passed away, and then his own mother died in July. Tough year financially, but slowly we are pulling ourselves up out of the debts that were drowning us. We still have a ways to go but it feels good to know we have come as far as we have. Sometimes the cliches are true even when we think that we know better. People don't really change, at least not fundamentally. They show their true colors when you are down and need a helping hand. That's ok. It is who they are and it just lets me know who I can count on. We must learn to cherish the little moments when everything is good. To let go of the moments when we are lost in the dark. I have posted up a positive and encouraging message on my Facebook page every single day this year. It was sort of my New Year's Resolution to focus on the good instead of dwelling on the bad and it has not been easy. In the end I do feel better about life, perhaps more philosophical, maybe even less cynical and more idealistic. I love my family. Life can be hard but it can also be beautiful. I vote for the beautiful. This is what I want my children to know. Sometimes that long, dark tunnel seems as if it will never end, and you will never find the light again...but you will. Keep on living, never never give up, and most of all love the ones around you as best you can. All we need is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment